Cultured Cashew Cheese Spread
Raw Cultured Vegan Cheese Recipe
This recipe creates enough as an appetizer at a part. It will be a hit!! Double it, and keep the second cheese spread at home if you want more than a bite 😉
- 1lb of raw organic cashews (If you don’t do well with cashews you can use macadamia nuts instead)
- 1/2 C black sesame seeds
- 2T fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 C dried figs
- 2 tsp celtic sea salt (salt to taste)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 probiotic capsule
- Cheese cloth or nut-milk bag
Culturing the Cheese:
- Soak cashews in water for 6-8 hours.
- Blend cashews in food processor or vitamix until smooth. Be sure not to heat them too much. You may need to add a little water to get the blender going.
- Mix blended cashews with salt and ACV. Add probiotic capsule powder into the cheese and gently mix. The ACV and probiotics will naturally culture the cheese, without letting it mold. This will assist in digestion, flavor and give you healthy probiotics in your food.
- Place cheese in cheesecloth or nut bag and hang from cupboard or hook. Cashews have a niccce amount of natural oils so set a bowl underneath for the cheese to drip out the oils. You can use the oils in a smoothie or in other dishes.
- Let cheese sit and ferment for 24-36 hours. You don’t have to wait if you’re on the go! Follow steps 1-3 and then prepare it to serve.
Preparing the Dish to Serve
Grind the black sesame seeds in coffee grinder or Vitamix until finely ground. Mix ground sesame in a bowl with ground black pepper and set aside. Take cheese out of cloth or nut bag and form the cheese on your desired plate or platter. Lightly sprinkle the sesame pepper blend on top, making a nice layer of black to cover the cheese. Slice figs into bitesize pieces and artfully place on or around your cheese spread. Place in the fridge for at least an hour to set and viola! Luxurious yumminess awaits!