Rainbow Herb Salad
Rainbow Herb Salad & Creamy Turmeric Dressing
This recipe creates about 1 Gallon of Salad (5 days worth for 2-4 people) and a quart of dressing. Half it if you’re cooking for 1!
Sometimes salads can get boring! I admit it 🙂 So this is my new favorite recipe because it is so colorful, tasty and unique. This is one of my favorite ways to bring new flavors LOTS of color into our Spring diets. Each pigment has a different medicine for the body and feeds the chakra energy. So red is going to be medicine for your root and yellow for your solar plexus. The herbs are so nutrient dense and great for heavy metal detoxing so this is a great way to get them in raw form, in a yummy form. Turmeric is also one thing we can’t get enough of, it is the (or at least one of) most anti-inflammatory food on the planet. The dressing flavor has a subtle turmeric flavor and SO much color!
Rainbow Herb Salad:
Finely chop all of the herbs, cabbage lettuce then add in the diced veggies.
- 2 Bunches of romain lettuce or spinach
- 1 bunch mint (2 of the store-bought containers ~ equal amount to cilantro + parsley)
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 Medium Tomatoes (take out seeds so it last longer, but be sure to still eat them)
- 1 Cucumber (take out seeds so it last longer, but be sure to still eat them)
- 2 Red or Orange Bell Peppers
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 1 Small Purple Cabbage (for crush and color, yum)
Creamy Turmeric Dressing:
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You can add more water if needed as it will thicken as it sits.
- 1/2 Jar of Tahini (preferably raw) or 1/4lb of sunflower seeds
- 1/4C of Raw Hemp Seeds
- 2 Lemons (Juice)
- 1 T ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 2T Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2T Salt (To Taste)
- 1/3C Olive Oil
- 1-2T Raw Honey
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2″ Chunk of Tumeric (Or more, turmeric can stain so be careful with your clothes and counter top)
- 1C Water (Or to desired thickness. I like mine creamy and thick so start with less and you can always add more. It thickens as it sits)
Making it a Whole Lunch Meal
I am into variety!! I like a lot of things to taste in my meals. So in addition to this salad I would have the raw crackers we make (recipe coming soon), a nice raw sauerkraut (ideally homemade ~ great for digestion), maybe a hummus dip, cucumber slices and a few raw olives (super fatty and filling).